Check Out Our Blog and Follow Us!
Why a Health Blog?
- We realize that it is really hard to stay away from the typical unhealthy eating habits college students tend to acquire.
- There are a lot of students on campus that have diet restrictions and are not aware of what food options our campus has to offer.
- In our interviews other students provide tips for those on campus that may have a similar diet restriction.
- For the students that don’t have a diet restriction, we want to give them ideas of what they can eat to live a healthier lifestyle.
- Students tend to have a one-sided view of the food on campus. We want to reveal ideas of different healthy foods that you can mix together instead of just eating what the cafe or pub offers.
What We Cover!
- Our blog addresses healthy food options for college students. It also discusses common diet restrictions and what food choices are healthy for people with these diet restrictions to eat.
- We have decided to do weekly blogs about ideas people can try around campus for those that generally eat healthy, or those that have the following diet restrictions:
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free or Dairy Free
- Vegan (Free of all animal products)
- Sugar Free
- October 2: Common Diet Restrictions
- October 4: Yogurt with Gluten-Free Granola and Banana
- October 7: Dress Up Your Salad Without the Meat!
- October 9: Fruit, Fruit, and More Fruit!
- October 10: What’s That? Tofu?
- October 17: Gluten-Free Diet at Manhattanville College
- October 22: Vegetables in Your Smoothie?
- October 31: The Fall Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- November 1: Iron Machine Energy Booster
- November 1: Halloween- Recovery Mode
Blogs that Liked Us!
We will continue to add topics on our blog such as healthy snacking and healthy dessert options. Also, we will interview athletes on campus to ask them how they eat a healthy diet as a college student.